- Overall survival was similar in patients receiving chemotherapy following radium-223 and placebo, irrespective of prior docetaxel use.
- Chemotherapy was well-tolerated in patients who had previously received radium-223.
- 142 radium-223 and 64 placebo patients received subsequent chemotherapy, most commonly docetaxel (70% radium-223 vs 72% placebo) and mitoxantrone (16% radium-223 vs 20% placebo).
- 61% and 58% of patients, respectively, had received prior docetaxel.
- Radium-223 patients started subsequent chemotherapy later than placebo patients.
- Chemotherapy duration was similar between groups.
- Median hematologic values remained nearly constant up to 18 mo following start of chemotherapy, regardless of prior docetaxel treatment.
- <10% of patients in both groups had grades 3-4 hematologic values.
- Median overall survival rates from start of chemotherapy were 16.0 and 15.8 mo following radium-223 and placebo, respectively.