Apple has brought icons in Safari tabs to iPhone and iPad with iOS 12 in addition to doing the same in macOS Mojave. Follow along for how to turn on this handy feature.
Icons in Safari tabs has been a long time coming, and Apple’s latest software brings its browser up to speed with Google Chrome, and others.
For iOS, icons in Safari tabs will likely be more helpful on iPad, but they still make browsing more effortless on iPhone as well.
Note: iOS 12 is currently only available as a developer beta, however, a public beta will likely be released sometime soon.
iPhone & iPad: How to show icons in Safari tabs in iOS 12
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap on Safari
- Find and tap on Show Icons in Tabs
You’ll see icons in tabs when you view all webpages that are open in Safari.
However, most people will find tabs to be most useful when browsing in landscape mode.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iOS 12: How to toggle USB Accessories
- iPhone: How to use enhanced battery statistics in iOS 12
- watchOS 5: How to disable Start/End Workout reminders
- iPhone & iPad: How to downgrade from iOS 12 beta to iOS 11
- macOS 10.14 Mojave: How to enable dark mode
- iOS 12: How to markup, add effects, and edit photos and videos within Messages on iPhone
- watchOS 5: How to customize Apple Maps navigation alerts
- iOS 12: How to use Screen Time on iPhone and iPad